Ghost Town & Highway Cleanup

This weekend was fun. Friday night I headed out to Dorothy for the Ghost Town retreat put on by the U of C. It was awesome. I met lots of new people and had a great relaxing time away from calary and all it's stupid chaos. We did drum circles, hiking, Jenga and just hanging out. I got some new friends for facebook too!Saturday night I went to Standard and stayed with the grandparents. Sunday morning I got up around 10, decided that I had pretty well slep through strathmore church so went to Standard, saw some relatives and had some cookies. That was good too. I hadn't seen my little cousins for a long time and needed those hugs.
After church I headed to Carbon (poor car huh) for the Highway cleanup in memory of Kyla Stevenson. Jet lag was kicking in but it was good to see Tanya, Krista and Cree, a couple of former classmates that I haven't seen in probably a year. After that we headed to drum for Mom's birthday dinner with the grandparents that I had left that morning. I had ribs. They were awesome.
Then headed home to calgary, managed to find a way in with only a little construction. Got home at 9:30, unhitched the trailer and went to bed.
So that was my weekend. adios!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home