Another brilliant mind ruined by higher education

9/16/2006

Muddy Truck & A New Toy




Alrighty; so this morning I (well i sleep in until 10:00 before this) i went to Drum with the truck and a load of garbage for the dump (ooo such fun!) but on the way there i went by that's crafty and saw that they were having a antique sale. So i stopped in to check for christmas presents for mom, and ended up buying the top picture, which is a really cool coleman tent heater that runs on camp fuel and is probably more than 50 years old. I also bought a set of old snokker balls for dad (pool table), some model airplane magazines from 1959 for Tony and a handcrafted bell thing for mom. It was made by a 14 year old kid in a third world country and its one of those "awwwww....ok give me 12" kind of stories.
Anywhoo, i get to the dump and the first thing the attendent person asks me while I'm getting weighed is "Does that truck have 4 wheel drive?" the answer was no, so she told me to stick with the dumpsters at the bottom of the hill, because if i went up the hill to the regular pile i wouldn't get out. So i drop off a load of crap there, then go to A&W, and then head home on the other highway (north of town, That's crafty is on Hiway 9, which is south of Carbon) which means i have to take the detour. It's about 3km of dirt road and it turned the truck from being clean to being really muddy (see pics :) I know it isn't bad but it was clean before i left). I also almost put the truck in the ditch on the detour when i hit a really muddy patch on the gravel. It was fun. I was going sideways. If there was someone coming from the other way it would have been a REAL mess!
After that, i've basically sat on my ass all day; I LOVE IT. I haven't done that forever! Dog the Bounty Hunter is on a all-day marathon, I cleaned out the fireplace and started it up, and ate a bunch of jube-jubes. Could you ask for anything more?
Song: Milkshake - Richard Cheese
Quote: Gravity is a myth. The Earth just sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home