School's Tomorow....
Well summer is finally over...no more work, no more free evenings, no more homework-free days. Kinda depressing but i'm also ready for a change. Grade 12. jeez it seems like just yesterday i was that awkward little grade 4 kid trying to wrap my head around long division (didn't work). This year i get Grad to plan, and i have to figure out what the hell i want to do afterwards. I don't know whether i want to go for a trade, or something more achidemic...i guess it all depends on how i do in this math re-do. So far the best guess is something at SAIT, maybe cabinetmaker but i also want to check out what other courses are offered there or at the colleges. I sure am ready to move out, be on my own, start taking car of myself, as scary as it may be. I want to live in a house without my parents or sister, and with some other people my age. I want my room to be my own, without people barging in, and i really want a yard that i can relax in. I want a pet, preferably a dog but we'll see where i'm staying. I don't really want to live in a city, but i defenitely believe that everyone needs to get out of the small town for a few years of their life...kinda gives them a perspective. I've seen what happens to people that live in the same town for their entire lives without living, it isn't pretty. I also want two things to happen tomorow; the guy to tell me he'll take my car, and Grandma & Grandpa to sell me their old laptop. Apparently since i got the old OLD one about 6 years ago when it was ancient already, they want to maybe see if any of the other grandkids want it. ugh. the other 2 that need one already have new ones, and my cousin that's my age isn't going for the courses in high school that needs one, besides he's only in grade 11. I hate family politics, I could see this being one of those stupid little fights that makes everyone angry at eachother but that no one will say anything about. O well, if they don't i guess i get to check out new ones once the new windows comes out...
I also now get to figure out what to do with the kid i'm tutoring; he's in grade 4 and a genious (he can beat me at chess) but he has ADHD that wasn't delt with when he was in his younger grades. Therefore, he has a huge aversion to school caused by him not being able to figure out anything when he was younger. It was majorly frusturating to me when i was trying to wrap my head around some of that stuff when i was little, i couldn't imagine it with a teacher not caring about a learning disability. He's in grade 4 but he can't read well at all, which makes everything else a lot harder, which reinforces that aversion to school. It also doesn't help that he's a foot shorter than everyone else in his class. Any suggestions? feel free to leave comments.
Well thanks for listening to me vent, this blog is a huge help for my stresses :).
Song: Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
Quote: Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.
- Anonymous
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home