Another brilliant mind ruined by higher education

8/31/2006

English Assignment

First day in school and the teacher already assigned me an assignment; write a one page thing about yourself. So, since i'm too brain dead to work on my chem assignment for a few minutes, here goes.

My name is Tanner, I live in the hickstown capital of Carbon, Alberta, and go to school there. Our school is 180 kids K-12, which a lot of people think is a joke. Which it probably is. Carbon has about 530 people, the average age being about 75.

Anyway, I like camping, either in our trailer or just in a tent. My cousin and I went on a trip one weekend to Drumheller area. We did all the touristy stuff in town, as well as East Coulee & the Atlas Coal Mine. It ended up with us camping in an old town hall in this ghost town called Dorothy. It has a bunch of old buildings and a population of about 10. It was a lot of fun.

I also like to travel longer distances; I have an aunt who lives in Yukon Territory, so our family has been up there 4 times (once in the winter – brr!) in the last 7ish years. It’s really nice up there, I would love to live there someday.

I’m kinda a car guy too, I have a 1983 Camaro right now, but I’m trying to sell it so I can get one of those diesel Volkswagen Jettas that gets 50mpg. Gas is expensive, if you hadn’t noticed. I like to pretend that I’m a mechanic and seeing how much stuff I can fix using the two essentials: Duct tape and WD-40.

In school I am mostly interested in novel studies (Can we do Angels & Demons Please??) and I love to read on my own. I’m pretty good at those comprehension sheets and I really enjoy class discussions. What I don’t like is trying to read Shakespeare, (the stories are good but I wish he would learn to write in English) and pretty much anything to do with writing or grammer.

I’m not big on playing most organized sports, but I like playing in an informal style setting. I’m also a pretty good curler (so I’ve been told) and I also like golfing, especially with the power carts. Anyway, that pretty much sums everything up, so talk to ya later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home